Due to different factors, such as poor nutrition, smoking or poor hygiene, our teeth are getting a yellowish and dark color that, in addition to being aesthetic, can also denote a problem in our dental health. In dental clinics, they offer different treatments for the teeth to turn white again. However, these bleaches, in addition to being expensive, do not solve this problem, maintenance must be done so that the enamel does not get dirty again in this way.
Currently, it is fashionable to use natural remedies to restore whiteness to your teeth. In fact, they are perfect both to substitute professional bleaching, in case you do not want or can do it, to use them for maintenance. One of these remedies are the shells of bananas, as they have different beneficial properties for our dental health. That is why, in this article, we explain how to use the banana peel to whiten teeth.
You may also be interested in: Why dose my Jaw Hurt
Benefits of banana peel for teeth
The banana peel is an effective remedy for tooth whitening because of the following reasons:
- Its shell is high in sacrylic acid, which has cleaning properties that eliminate excess plaque and tartar naturally.
- It also contains citric acid, which is very effective in removing dark spots on the teeth due to its powerful whitening properties.
- It also has a wealth of minerals such as magnesium, potassium and manganese, which have excellent strengthening properties that help keep our teeth in good condition.
- Unlike other treatments, whether chemical or natural, this product is healthier, as it has no abrasive substances and, therefore, does not damage the dental enamel. In addition, using this remedy will avoid other problems such as dental sensitivity and / or inflammation of the gums.
How to use the banana peel for teeth whitening step by step
The banana peel is probably one of the most economical and simple natural remedies to make. Here's how to rinse teeth with banana peel step by step with this homemade trick:
- The first step to enjoying this remedy is as simple as picking a banana to peel it. If you want to get better results, it is better to choose a ripe banana (but that does not become dark brown or black), as the minerals will be more concentrated.
- When you peel it, take only one strip of the entire shell without touching the rest of the product because this way, you can use the remaining strips during other days of the week.
- To peel a strip of banana and the rest stick, you must peel it starting from the base of the fruit and pull up. Thus, you will already have the strip for your teeth. To do it more easily you can use a knife.
- Now you have to take the strip of fruit and rub its inside against your teeth.
- Smooth the strip on both the top and bottom teeth until they are covered by a kind of paste.
- Do the same with the inner face of the teeth.
- Once you have covered all your dentures well with the peel of this fruit, you should leave this paste in your tooth enamel for about 10 minutes .
- During that time, try to keep your mouth open and lips away from the denture so you do not remove the paste that covers it.
- When time has passed, pick up your dry brush and wash your teeth in gentle circles for 2 or 3 minutes . In this way, the paste will penetrate better.
- To finish, wet the brush and remove the banana peel. Rinse well with water until no debris remains.
To see the total results with this treatment, you must do it once a day for a whole month . Surely, when a week has passed, you will notice a slight tooth whitening. Once the month has elapsed, it is advisable to be in the following month without using this remedy.
Other Home Remedies for Having White Teeth
Although banana peel is a good natural remedy to brighten the tooth enamel, there are other natural treatments that are also very effective to re-show some white teeth:
- Baking soda: is a substance that has very natural and antibacterial whitening properties, so it is also very useful for other dental health problems, such as excess tartar, tooth decay and sensitivity.
- Lemon is a powerful natural bleach with antiseptic and disinfectant properties, ideal for those teeth that are not well cared for and dark spots.
- Salvia: in addition to having lightening properties, this plant is also very useful for mouthwashes and to combat halitosis due to its cleaning action.
- Apple cider vinegar: is a natural antiseptic that also has whitening substances.
However, all these remedies must be used well and for a certain period of time, ie, it is not necessary to exceed their use, since in that case they could damage the dental enamel.